Salesforce, the global leader in CRM or Customer Relationship Management has big plans for the years 2019-2024. It is set to join hands with its partners to create approximately 4.2 million jobs. Worldwide business revenues are expected to rake in more than a trillion dollars. The Salesforce ecosystem is multi-faceted. Its revenue and expected job opportunities will positively impact financial, manufacturing, retail industry, government entities, healthcare and media industry.
With a burgeoning number of jobs expected to be created in the Salesforce arena, it is nothing but good news for aspiring Salesforce developers. The CRM giant has been put under the spotlight ever since Forbes ranked it amongst the Top 10 companies to work with in 2019. Besides, Salesforce skills are not only limited to CRM; they span business management, business operations, IT and marketing. As a result, job openings in Salesforce are continuing to increase and the widening net of opportunities includes programmers and non-programmers.
Aspiring job seekers in Chennai can seek the guidance of Cloud Solutions- the city’s best Salesforce training institute. Cloud Solutions specializes in expanding one’s knowledge of Salesforce, imparting invaluable Salesforce Developer training and finally equipping each trainee with the certifications that give them the edge to surge ahead in the rat race.
In this blog, we attempt to give you all the information you need to be an outstanding Salesforce Developer.
The Role of a Salesforce Professional in an organization
It is already a well-established fact that Salesforce is a leading CRM platform that can create job opportunities for a diverse range of industries. Salesforce professionals have their job cut out for them. It is a lesser known fact that are broadly categorized into two types: the Salesforce Administrator and the Salesforce Developer.
Both jobs have different roles, responsibilities and qualifications. If your interest is in Salesforce, you need to have a clear picture to prioritize your job preference.
How to become a Salesforce Administrator
A Salesforce Administrator is the Salesforce expert who is responsible for supervising and managing the implementation of Salesforce in an organization. Opportunities in this field are unlimited if one has the aptitude for administrative jobs.
The role of a Salesforce Administrator
The role of a Salesforce Administrator cannot be restricted within a particular number or definition, for it involves a plethora of responsibilities.
- One of the fundamental responsibilities of a Salesforce Administrator will be to control and restrict the permission for users to access data. The addition of new users is completely under their control.
- They prepare reports based on the data that is available in the Salesforce CRM. Organizations rely on the facts and figures in the reports to help in making major business decisions.
- Salesforce admins are responsible for updating and notifying colleagues and clients about new improvements made within the Salesforce CRM.
- Admins keep the Salesforce CRM platform free of redundancy, duplicate and bulk data.
Qualities and core competencies of a Salesforce Administrator
A competent Salesforce Administrator will stand a cut above the rest to excel in the job and climb the corporate ladder. An Administrator’s designation almost always requires technical skills and interpersonal traits.
- The key skill prerequisites include impressive communication, analytical and management skills.
- An in-depth understanding of administrative processes and procedures will help in building and maintaining strong relationships in the organization.
- A natural aptitude and curiosity for technology will make a huge deal of a difference.
- Salesforce administrators need to be someone who is familiar with the sales processes and methodologies.
- Salesforce Admins must develop a flair and knack for handling administrative issues with the CRM Platform.
What does it take to become a Salesforce Developer in Chennai?
Salesforce Developer jobs have a demand and popularity mainly because of the attractive pay package that comes along with it. With more companies and businesses opting for the Salesforce CRM platform, the scope for good jobs with great pay is continually on the rise. Salesforce is also continually evolving to match the requirements of the organizations, thus making jobs more challenging and exciting.
What does a Salesforce Developer do?
- They are in charge of designing and developing CRM workflows.
- Salesforce Developers collaborate with technical teams to produce design documents.
- They are involved in technical planning.
- Analyzing and maintaining business processes, user roles and security features are some of their main tasks.
- They involve other teams in regular workshops.
- Salesforce Developers are involved in writing new codes and maintaining existing codes.
How important are Salesforce Training and Certifications?
Salesforce Developers and Salesforce Administrators stand to benefit immensely from the training and certifications that are given by reputed institutions. The Certifications are, in fact, an important prerequisite for most companies that are seeking to employ Salesforce Developers and Admins.
The Certifications are authentic proof to verifies that a Salesforce Professional has undergone training to update his/her to skills and knowledge to work on the features of a Salesforce platform.
Salesforce Administrator Certification is of two levels.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
The main criteria to earn this certification is in-depth knowledge of Salesforce customization, configuration and user management.
- Salesforce Advanced Administrator Certification
The criteria needed for this certification is knowledge of administrative methodologies in Salesforce and the ability to design reports automation processes and dashboards.
Salesforce Developer Certifications are of three types:
- Salesforce Platform App Builder:
This certification requires the ability to design, and implement custom applications on the Force.com.
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
The main criteria is knowing how to develop custom applications by using Apex and Visualforce.
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II
This Certification’s main criteria is to have expert programming abilities in Force.com and and data modeling to include user interfaces and complex business logic.
What are the eligibility criteria, Exam format and other details?
Salesforce Platform App builder and Developer I Certifications require no criteria. However, to write the Developer II Certification exam, Developer I certification is mandatory.
For all three certifications, there are 60 multiple-choice questions. The minimum passing score for App Builder and Developer II exam is 63% and Developer I exam requires 65%.
Retakes are allowed for all exams.
Salesforce Developer Training in Chennai
Preparing for a Salesforce Certification exam can be quite challenging. But challenges are what we at Cloud Solutions are experts in handling. Our team of well-trained experts are adept in bringing out the best in aspiring candidates. In providing the kind of training they need to ace the Salesforce exams, Cloud Solutions prepares them to excel in their job as successful Salesforce Developers.
To reach us in Chennai, contact us through email or simply call us.